Thursday, 15 April 2010

Sweet Sketch Wednesday card for Grandad.


Today I have a card for my father-in-law, who is soon to be the ripe old age of 70!

I followed the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday 45.

I have used gold mirri card and sparkly glitter card, but it doesn't photograph well unfortunately, but it is very shiny and sparkly in real life!

The two patterned circles are from DCWV Nana's Nursery (Boy) paper stack, cut using Nestabilities Classic Circles Sml.



The number and stars were a pre-cut set from Hobbycraft, but don't know the make. I have attached some gold ribbon under the congratulations tag and star.


I have used a piece of the DP inside and edged using an EK Success punch, added another tag (from the same set as the numbers and stars), and that's it! A hopefully masculine card, with not a butterfly, flower or bow in sight!

Thanks for looking, and have a great day

Pauline x

12 comments:

Genevieve said...

Beautiful card! Love the gold :)

Do What You Love said...

What a lovely card, very clean and simple; so cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! :)

sweetbloominscraps said...

Wow what a great birthday card for your
father-in-law. Thanks for playing at SSW!

Stacy said...

Stunning! I love all the shine and glitter! Thanks for joining us at SSW!

mulberry station said...

What a nice Birhtday card. I love the simple clean lines and image. Thanks for joining us!
Nancy SSW-DT

Irene said...

Hello Pauline

Thank you so much for leaving me such a lovely comment on my blog, I appreciate this very much.

What a fabulous card for your Grandad, I am sure he will be thrilled to receive it.

luv
irene
xxx

JR Creations said...

Ooh loving this and the inside makes it even more lovable! The shape of it is brilliant, am getting bored with the oul square ones.

Jenny T.

Jodi said...

A very pretty and sparkly card!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh I like this! I love the depth and the shiny sparkle - very nice!!!!! Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

Deanne :)

Melissa Craig said...

Great card! Congratulations to your Father in law. Thanks for joining us at SSW.

KymKreates said...

What a Sweet card for our Sweet Sketch. Thank so much for joining us this week at SSW.
Kym Kreates

Arlana 11426 said...

What a fun card using my sketch. Love you added detail. Thanks for playing along @ SSW!!!