Wednesday, 10 November 2010

WMSC #22, CR84FN3, Charisma Cardz Challenge, The Stamp Man Challenge

Hi all, today I have a card inspired by Mona Pendleton's new challenge blog CR84FN and Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.

CR84FN is a colour challenge based on this beautiful photo:



The sketch is from Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge:


I have made a card with a white linen base, and cut 3 circular shapes using a Nellie Snellen die.


I have stamped the candy cane wreath from Faux Fun Circles in Memento Angel Pink, stamped the little leaf circle in Versamagic Sage, and the little circle in the middle again in Angel Pink.


The centre label is stamped in Angel Pink using Very Vintage Christmas and stamped again in Memento Rosebud then cut the sentiments out in the darker pink and layered them onto the paler label.

Threaded some fluffy pink ribbon through the two side labels, and some pink ribbon through the middle one.


Layered them up onto some pale green glitter card edged with a pinky green ribbon, and chalked around the edges of the card with pink chalk ink. Finally added some green dew drops from Kars.

I must admit the colours were a little out of my comfort zone for a christmas themed card, but I think it makes a lovely girly fun card, and I'm really pleased how it turned out.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

Cardvaarks

Charisma Cardz

The Stamp Man Challenge

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge

CR84FN 3

Thanks for looking and have a great day

Pauline xx

10 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

WOWZERS Pauline! What a gorgeous Christmas card! You did an amazing job stamping those beautiful circular decorations and I can appreciate the patience it took to paper piece the sentiment! I can't believe this color combo was out of your comfort zone! You really rocked it! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's WMSC and the CR84FN challenges :)

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Pauline, what a gorgeous card. I love the layout and your colour scheme is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Julia Aston said...

Lovely colors on this Pauline! and I love how you've woven that ribbon! thanks for playing with WMS again this week!

Vee said...

Thanks for joining the Charisma challenge.Your card is beautiful.
xx Vee

Ruby said...

Ooh this is LOVELY! I love the non-traditional colours too! Gorgeous card!

Joan Ervin said...

What a fabulous design...you combined all those challenges beautifully!!!! Such soft and pretty colors and I love all the sparkle!!!

Brenda Brown said...

Stunning card Pauline, love the colours and textures in the threads and ribbon.
Thankyou for entering the Christmas challenge at The Stampman, so glad you could join us.
luv {brenda} xox

Inkyfingers said...

I love your card, Pauline, the colours seem so right on that design. Your tags are pretty scrumptious too.
Carol x

Ren-Yi said...

i love your non-traditional colours. very sweet. and the "tinsel" or yarn was a great way to add more texture and eye candy.

Alice said...

such cute colors for a holiday card. beautiful card! thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!