Hi all, today it's the 17th, which means it's Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party, Yeahh! Here are the times world wide for linking up HERE:
UK - 6:30 p.m. 17th April- 6:30 p.m. 18th April
USA (New York) 1:30 p.m. 17th April- 1:30 p.m. 18th April
Australia (Queensland) - 4:30 a.m. 18th April- 4:30 a.m. 19th April
Canada (Alberta) - 11:30 a.m. 17th April- 11:30 a.m. 18th April
Malaysia - 2:30 a.m. 18th April - 2:30 a.m. 19th April
Norway - 7:30 p.m. 17th April- 7:30 p.m. 18th April
This month's theme is new beginnings, so New Baby, New Home, New Job etc.
Using the sketch from this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge, I have made a New Home card.
I haven't used traditional House type stamps for this card, I fancied having a play with some backgrounds and seeing what I came up with!

I stamped the stripes and spot background directly onto a white card base, then stamped the Harlequin pattern in two different inks onto some pearlescent cream card,

I stamped the fancy doily over the Heart frame, and stamped the smaller doilies in paler blues for some contrast.

I added the sentiment, and two little flourishes, then stamped the little flourishes around the die cut image - thankfully they fit perfectly!
Finally I added some ivory button twine and little bow, then finished off with some clear gems for some sparkle!
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Waltzingmouse Blog Party
Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge
St. Lukes Charity Challenge
Top Tip Tuesday
Stamptacular Sunday
Craft Your Passions
Supplies Used:
Stamps: Lil' Buddies, Large Doily, Cottage Home, Heirloom Patterns Waltzingmouse Stamps
Inks: Memento Danube Blue, Bahama Blue, Summer Sky; Colorbox Mermaid
Paper: White Card Base; Pearlescent cream card, Pale blue card
Other: Gems from Stash; Ivory Button Twine - The Ribbon Reel;
Spellbinders Circles Standard and large
Thanks for stopping by,
Pauline
56 comments:
This is beautiful Pauline. Such great colors and so many wonderful elements that make this such an elegant creation! My WMS Blog Party post won't go live into later this afternoon, but I can't wait to see everyone's creations. This is a fabulous housewarming card.
Blogger must be crazy this am...left a comment but didnt seem to go thru~ I love all the different designs on your card Pauline very pretty :)
Lovely card Pauline and I love the stamps....
Anne
oh wow Hun what can I say classy,and simply stunning hugs Cherylxxxx
lovely card and colours. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine
This is so pretty. I love the patterns and the colors.
Such a pretty card Pauline! Wonderful combination of WM stamps! Love the monochromatic color combo! Thanks for joining along with WM :)
Oh Pauline, this is such an elegant card with so many stamps and interesting things to gaze at! I love the harlequin pattern and the first thing that just screamed out at me were those great flourishes stamped around the focal point circle. Just a fabulous take on the challenge and blog party.
Very elegant and lovely Pauline! The little stamped pattern around the top of the circle is my favorite part ;)
This is a gorgeous card Pauline! I love the mix of patterns and shapes and the way you've brought the whole thing together beautifully with the blue, white and cream colour scheme. Vicky x
really stunning and effective
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline
This is gorgeous Pauline!! LOVE what you've done with the harlequin pattern and dolies!! Love the bg and your sweet flourishes around the circle too!! WOW!
Love your doily and the fab colours that you've used. Another stunning card!
Such beautiful stamping, Pauline! Your card looks amazing!!
Gorgeous card! Love the doily and the colors you used!
So, so elegant and I absolutely love the way you combined all those beautiful stamps. Gorgeous blues too - perfect new home card x x x
Blue is my favorite color and this card; my oh my. I love the way you paired up these WM stamps. The harlequin pattern and that doily stamp are made for each other:). Gorgeous!
I love the unusal take on a new home card - all the patterns are fabulous. Thanks so much for joining in our blingy challenge at St Lukes.
Tara x
Love what you came up with, this is beautiful and I love the blue you chose. Good for you getting in all those challenges.
wow, this is just beautiful!
Did you hear my jaw drop? You did such a great job combining all those inky images. Simply fantastic.
Oh WOW, Pauline! I just love how you mixed those patterns! Especially the little hearts combined with the doilies...they fit together so perfectly! The lovely blue hues make me think of fine china...perfect for a house-warming card!
Wow, Pauline! Love all the blues on this card! Such a lovely design with the stamps you used...great job!
Oh, Pauline! yummy, yummy stamping on this - I can't even take it all in - I keep seeing more stamps used - this card is wonderful!
Beautiful!!
I LOVE that background with the Harlequin...it's stunning!!
So much eye candy to take in...
and such a great take on the sketch...
just gorgeous Pauline! :)
Such a beautiful shade of blue. Pauline. I love your harlequin stamping! Also your doily, they work so well together to make a fabulous new home card xx
Wonderful combination of designs and all in a monochromatic scheme. Amazing.
Awesome combination of images and so beautifully stamped! I just love how you used all the shades of blue!
Wow, you went STAMP HAPPY!!! This is awesome! I love how you combined everything, this looks great!
Oh my goodness, this is just so stunning! So much fabulous detail and the colors just so over the top beautiful!
So Pretty Pauline! You really did some pretty fancy stamping here Lady!8-) Love all the different stamps you used. Just Wonderful! and I Love the lovely combo of blue and aqua!8-)
Hugs
Shannon
Wow those backgrounds are incredible Pauline...love the double stamped argyle :0)
Yay for not using a house on a new home card too!
Jenny x
Stunning! Your card is just beautiful. I love what you did with the harlequin pattern. Playing with background stamps is so fun!
I love the simplicity of this card and the lovely soft blue tones... great great card!
Thanks for joining us at http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com/
DT Member,
Rina
Hi Pauline, Sorry I'm late to the party - new fur baby who NEVER sleeps!! Ack!!! Lots and lots of clever stamping going on here lady! I won't even ask how many sheets of paper and hours this took to create! What a stunning result! SO worth the time and very GREATLY APPRECIATED - I will have to come back later and stare at it longer - AMAZING!
Love all the different shades of blue and stamps you used!!, they worked perfectly!! Wonderful card!!
This colors are adorable -I love your card.
WOW - this is so stylish and elegant - Beautiful design and details - love your take on the sketch + thanks so much for joining us this week, hugs Karin
What a jaw-dropper Pauline - your stamping is just perfection! I made a card but didn't manage to meet the deadline window this time. It would pale into insignificance next to your beauty though ;)
Rx
Oh wow! Pauline!!! stunning stuff, loving the diamonds and the wee hinge used to highlight the circle!! LOVE seeing what you do with these stamps!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!!
Such lovely hues of blues! I absolutely love how you stamped the argyle:) And what a fabulous use of the finial stamp! Hope you're having a great week Pauline!
I LOVE blue. This is so pretty with the Argyle and doily Pauline!
Stripes are my favourite kind of papers! :)
Gorgeous, crisp and stylish card Pauline - I love your elegance!
hugs
xxalisonxx
Pauline, this is so fabby! To think you were just messing around with various elements and they all worked together so well to create this stunning card! The best bit for me is the double-stamped harlequin idea. i need to try and remember that.
Now that is how you stamp! Amazing card Pauline - I reckon it would have taken me about 10 attempts to get mine to look like that!
Wow, look at this exquisite stamping! Perfection!! Thank you for joining us for the Waltzingmouse Sketch this week! xx
Oh my goodness! This is gorgeous! Love the crisp white and blue colors together. But I especially love how you stamped around the top part of the label....so eye catching! Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!
Pauline!!!! Eeeeep!!!!! This is stunning!!!!!!!!! I love, love, love it!!!!! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)
love your circular design element paired with the harlequin -- looks great!
Yayyyy!!! Congrats Top Mouse!!!! Fantastic!
amazing card...love the details! The fancy doily stamp is my fav!
thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday!
I'm so late commenting on this beauty!!! I really love the way you've combined the stamps to create the background and focal image - it's just fab! And I adore the colour too! Congrats on being a Top Mouse too!
Hi Pauline - this is a beauty! I love how you stamped the argyle pattern twice... and offset it w/ a shade lighter. brilliant texture. and that doily is fab. where did that lil heart come from ? it's so sweet and cute! Thanks for sharing this beauty!
Hi Pauline - this is a beauty! I love how you stamped the argyle pattern twice... and offset it w/ a shade lighter. brilliant texture. and that doily is fab. where did that lil heart come from ? it's so sweet and cute! Thanks for sharing this beauty!
YEAHHHHHHHH!!! Congratulations Pauline! You are a TOP MOUSE! Again - definatley worth all the time this had to take to create - a real stunner!
awesome stamping! you created a masterpiece! love the blue hues!
Post a Comment