Now I know as a nation us Brits are consumed with thoughts of the weather, but compared to the rest of my family, it has never really bothered me..until this past 6 weeks!! I'm so glad we booked two weeks in the south of France at the start of the school holidays, we all need some warmth and sunshine.
Well what better to boost our rain sodden mood than with a bright and cheery colour challenge from this week's CR84FN. Nothing says summer to me more than a bright bunch of flowers, and Gerbera daisies are one of my favourites.
This week's colour challenge is to use Yellow, Red and a neutral, and as soon as I saw the fab graphic, with pictures from Style Me Pretty.com, I knew exactly which stamp set to use. My Flourishes Gerbera Daisies set, with the beautiful bunch of flowering gerberas was the perfect image for these warm colours.
I used some red gingham papers from stash, and some lovely patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket's Baby Jane stack to create the backing panel. I cut these to size, and used a Fiskars edger punch along one side, then layered these papers onto some bazzill kraft card.
I coloured the beautiful bunch of gerberas with Promarkers, cut out and layered onto a piece of cream card cut with a Spellbinders Rectangle.
I then cut a smaller rectangle, and stamped a greeting from Waltzingmouse Stamps Rescue Remedies Additions, in Tuxedo Black.
I added two flourish accents to the back of this using some kraft card and the little label motif in Spellbinders Persian Accents. I then topped off each flourish with a yellow or neutral rose.
I ran a length of satin pale gold ribbon and some red ric rac over the join of the two DPs, added a little layered butterfly and finished off with a little gold gem in the middle of each gerbera.
Do stop by the rest of the Design Team for some more beautiful inspiration.
And joining us this month as our Guest Designer, Monika Davies!
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - Summer
Tuesday Throwdown - Summer
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - Summer
Tuesday Throwdown - Summer
Thanks for stopping by,
Pauline





24 comments:
Pauline - these daises are just so pretty, so beautifully coloured. The butterfly and sweet rose accents are just lovely too.
I do hope that the weather in the UK improves soon - I'm sure that you've had quite enough rain!
Gorgeous card Pauline! You did a wonderful job coloring those Flourishes Gerber Daisies! Terrific mix of patterned papers!
Stunning card, Pauline! LOVE LOVE LOVE your FAB coloring! You cut them out??! Impressive! LOVE the papers and ric rac and FAB sentiment! Super card!
oh gosh this is just gorgeous Hun those flowers,are so beautiful,and the layout is brilliant,hugs Cherylxx
Love all the vibrant colours on you card Psuline beautiful colouring, great layout
Anne
Wowser this is stunning and your colouring is amazing what a lovely combo love it huggies June xxx
A gorgeous card Pauline, love the image and the pretty papers & details.
Donna x
Those gerbera daisies are lovely, aren't they? You have coloured them beautifully, Pauline. Love the coordinating papers you used and pretty embellishments, too x
These flowers almost pop off the card. I really love how you colored them. and I also love the vintage look of this card.
Yes we had much rain too but watching the news I know it's much worse in the UK. You must be looking forward to leave for France:)
Wow do your gerbera daisies look fabulous Pauline! Lovely summery card ;)
Pauline, this card is an absolute show stopper!!! What beauty! I am loving the challenge colors and what the DT created with them. :)
THose flowers are fantastic in the way you colored them! They look so life-like! I love the red gingham too - such a beautiful card!
Wow Pauline! Love those Gerbera Daisies! One of my favorite sets too! You sure colored them up Beautifully too! Love the Sweet dp's and Wonderful WM sentiment! Just a Beautiful card my Sweet teamie! 8-)
Hugs & Happy Sunday!
Shannon
Would love to have some of your rain, although I think it would sizzle on our heated ground :) We've had 10 days in a row of 100+ degree heat. Ugh.... Now, your card is simply gorgeous! Beautiful coloring, and love that image! Thanks for taking part in our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! Hope you stay dry!!!
Oh, so pretty Pauline. Love the gorgeous flowers. The colos look great! Also like the paper flowers. Thank you for the warm welcome!
Your flowers are so beautifully colored! Love how you balanced the daisies with the pretty dp!
We are the opposite here! 100 degrees and DRY!!!
Mother Nature doesn't know how to play fair!
Wow! Gorgeous job coloring those beautiful flowers! Love the pattern paper too!
Oh, I LOVE the way you coloured those gerberas... this is just so pretty!
Ohh....those daisies are gorgeous! Wonderful card!
Love gerberas and your colouring of them is fantastic...perfect image for these colours :0)
Jenny x
What brilliant colouring Pauline and what gorgeous rich colours! Vicky x
Stunning colouring! :)
hugs
xxalisonxx
This is beautiful Pauline. I love how you colored those Flourishes flowers. :)
Hugs~
Awwww, such a pretty card and so beautifully colored! I love the flowers against that checked background. Say, why don't you send some of your weather our way--we are suffering the worst drought in 35 years!
Post a Comment