Sunday, 2 December 2012

CR84FN 68 Wk 2


Hi all, welcome back to week 2 over at CR84FN - this will be our last challenge for December, as we are taking a break from CR84FN until December 30th.

I have made a Christmas card today, I'm so behind still, and mild panic is setting in!


 I have stamped twice and embossed the beautiful Poinsettia from Waltzingmouse Stamps, Big Blooms - Poinsettias in white pearls powder, onto some burgundy card - it has a pearly sheen in real life and is so pretty.


I cut the middle portion out and layered it onto the second stamped image, and added some cream pearls to the centre.


I stamped in Versamark the sentiment from WMS Compliments of the Season 2 and embossed with Sliver Glitter Wow embossing powder onto some white vellum.

I then wrapped this around the card panel and added some cream lace and some silver ribbon.


Inside I added a smaller poinsettia from the same Blooms set, and the sentiment from the same sentiment set.

Do stop by the rest of the design team, for some more inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by,

Pauline

19 comments:

Sue said...

This is stunning Pauline. The poinsettia image looks wonderful embossed on the burgundy card and the sentiment on the vellum looks really effective too.

Sue

Shannon White said...

Soo Pretty Pretty and So Elegant too! Wowie Pauline!! Love your beautiful WM poinsettia and the lovely silver embossing ld lovely lace as well! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Sasha said...

Beautifully stamped and embossed, both outside and in, Pauline. I love how you made your poinsettia dimensional, such a gorgeous pearly centre, too.

I'm behind with my Christmas cards, too. December just seemed to creep up on me this year xx

Lisa H. said...

well this is a GREAT start to your holiday cards. I looove the poinsettia image you used. everything is beautifully put together.

Mary Ann said...

Wow!love your card...

Andrea M said...

Stunning Pauline! Love the vellum!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the dimension in the poinsettia and the lovely sentiment on vellum. Very elegant!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such an elegant card Pauline! That heat embossed Poinsettia look fabulous and I love the strip of vellum! Thanks for providing us all with wonderful inspiration throughout 2012! Happy Holidays!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous embossed poinsettias and love the silver embossed sentiment on vellum! Fabulous!!

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Pauline! Love the beautiful poinsettia and the lace! Just fabulous! Hugs

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Beautiful embossing! Especially love the vellum! Very pretty card!

Helen Berry said...

Pauline don't panic! This card is total elegance! The poinsettia is SO pretty with that beautiful golden centre and I love the stamped sentiment on the vellum and the sweet lace along the bottom. Absolutely gorgeous x

debby4000 said...

Absolutely beautiful card Pauline.
luv
Debby

Vicky Hayes said...

What a gorgeous shimmering Poinsettia Pauline! I love how you layered it and the pearls make a very pretty centre. Vicky x

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Pauline and love your poinsettia great colours

Anne

Lea L. said...

This is really pretty! Love the big poinsettia!!

Sue Lelli said...

Pauline, LOVE that big Gorgeous poinsettia and how you popped the one! LOVE the embossing and the sentiment and of course the lace! Beautiful inside and out!

Marybeth said...

This is beautiful with the vellum and lace. Love the embossed poinsettia!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Pauline, this is so elegant! What a fabulous big poinsettia. Love how you placed those little baubles in the center, and popped up some leaves, too.

I hope all is well with you and your family. :) Saw the news on the Duchess' pregnancy today...how exciting!