Friday, 18 January 2013

Waltzingmouse Blog Party


 Hi all, I'm cutting it fine for the first Waltzingmouse Blog Party of 2013. I know, I've had a couple of weeks to get prepared for this, but with one pesky thing after another (Christmas hols, Flu, work etc!) I didn't have the time. I actually completed this yesterday, but the light was bad here, and then today, we had a huge snow arrival! I managed to get to work, on foot, the roads are treacherous. So many localised accidents have happened here today - when it could be avoided by our council buying a snow plough. But the usual excuses are we don't get enough snow, and they're too expensive! So the whole country grinds to a halt, and we get lots of accidents! O.K, rant over.

I managed to take a half decent pic before the light finally went. This month the theme is for 'Love'.
Hearts were going to make an appearance on this card, but I decided to use the lovely patterned border from Faux Fun.


I was inspired by the most beautiful sunrise yesterday morning - the sky was a golden peachy colour, fading into lilac and purple. It was just beautiful, and I wanted to try to re-create this sky on my card.

I stamped the lace border in Versamark onto white card and clear embossed. Then using Distress inks, sponged some Scattered Straw, Tattered Rose, Milled Lavender, and Shaded Lilac.

 

I then cut around the lace detail, and mounted onto some distressed Wisteria wonder card. Using the same card, I cut a small frame using Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles, and stamped the sentiment from Sweethearts and white embossed.

I then added spme little paper roses, and some flourishes cut using a spellbinders die. Finally I added some stickles to the flowers, and a couple of pearls.

So, now, I'm going to have a little twirl around blogland, and tomorrow I am going to have a crafting day all to myself!

I would also like to enter this into Tuesday Throwdown, which wants a Frame.

Oh, and here is a picture of a certain visitor in our front garden - made by my daughter and the neighbours, they made a snow-bear! He likes a drink, and smokes a pipe by the looks of it!




Thanks for stopping by,
Pauline

30 comments:

Nikki W said...

Love your card, especially the sponged background - it really sets off the centre sentiment.
Your snowman is great - ours invariably have buttons and a scalf etc, but a beer bottle and pipe gives him a whole new lease of life ! lol love it. tfs.

cheryl said...

oh wow this is stunning hun the detail is fantastic,love it and that is one super snowman xx

Sue said...

WOW! Your card is stunning Pauline. I love the colours and the sentiment is so beautiful
Your snow-bear looks fabulous!
Take care in the snow and I hope you have a good weekend
Sue xx

Deborah Frings said...

OH my - how lovely! I adore the soft peach and lilac shades and the fab roses. And this sentiment is just lovely.

I do like your snowman too! None here at the moment - no snow, but boy it's cold! And I'm watching the sun go down at the moment - skies are deep pink shading through lilac and purple to dark blue - it's fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely lovely card Pauline, the flourishes and roses are divine! Now about this snow bear...what a hoot with the beer bottle and pipe!!

Helen Berry said...

Pauline this just screams elegance! Wow, I love the gorgeous WMS Lacey border and sentiment, the pretty colours, flowers (yum!) and the sweeping flourish. I really like the layout as well. Soft, beautiful and oh so romantic. Perfect x

Joyce said...

Your card is beautiful and elegant. I love all those paper roses. And, what a fun snow bear. I'll bet that was great fun to make.

Kelly S. said...

Poor you, Pauline!! I can't imagine a snowstorm around here with no plow...that would be so awful! It's bad enough driving in the stuff even after the plow has come through!

But OH I LOVE this card...cheered me right up after reading the horror of the beginning of your post LOL! The lace is GORGEOUS stamped all in a row and I love the soft dreamy colors...and the roses. WOW!

Unknown said...

Pauline, Pauline, Pauline, yours is one of those blogs where I run out of words, you are just an incredible card maker! This is stunning, what a gorgeous BG you made with the lace! Thank you so much for playing along with the first WMS waltz of 2013!

Super Jen said...

Really pretty, love the sparkle. Love your snowbear even more!

Maria said...

Beautiful card with such pretty colors and flowers! Looks like your daughter had some fun in the snow! What a cute snow bear!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Pauline! Love all the beautiful flowers and sweet sentiment!

Kim Heggins said...

Your card is so beautiful...I love all the pretty roses, so much fabulous detail. I love your sweet snowman holding he bottle of beer.

Renee said...

Lucky you!
You got snow...
we had ice!!
I was worried about losing power and not being able to play along...
but snow is much more fun!
Though I also understand about it bringing everything to a grinding halt...
we don't get that much in the South so same excuses! :(
But what an exordinarily gorgeous card Pauline...
I think you managed to capture the sky perfectly with these colors!
Love the lace on vellum...
that incredible sentiment and the blooms...
just gorgeous!! :)

Marlena M. said...

Your work is GORGEOUS Pauline~the colors and details are amazing! We were/are fighting the flu...it really does interrupt LIFE, does it not?
Your snow bear is a funny character! ;)

Vicky Hayes said...

What a lovely card Pauline with a perfect sentiment. I totally agree with your rant and some of the ungritted, uncleared roads are right outside schools too! Love the snowbear (although he appears to have been imbibing a little too freely from that bottle!) Vicky x

Clare said...

Gorgeous card! I love the peachy tones! The snow-bear is brill!!

-Aneta- said...

Pauline this is so amazing card with a hint of vintage ! beautiful roses and perfect sentence :)

Ren-Yi said...

oh P - you manage to steal my heart with this one. I love the delicate sunrise color scheme and the sentiment always makes me hold my breath. Love it :) glad you are safe - and that you had common sense to go on foot!

Love the snow bear ;)

Kary said...

What a Beautiful card, Pauline!! Love the sentiment, and the gorgeous details. So well put together. And, I love that bear ;)

Stamps and Paper said...

Your card is so pretty Pauline and love the embossed border and such lovely words...

Anne

Jeanne J. said...

Wow Pauline, Another beauty - that background is AMAZING!! Topped with all those yummy sparkly flowers and that romantic sentiment.. what can I say??? sigh.......
What a clever snowman - the kids have great imagination! A cigar and a drink HA!

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, love the design and gorgeous sparkly flowers. Fab snow bear too. :o)

Donna x

Julia Aston said...

Lovely colors on this Pauline! The embossed background stamping is so pretty - love that lacey stamp! and what a cute bearman!

Vickie Z said...

Love that sentiment (that's just one more WMS set I need, hehe!) Fabulous card and love your snowbear!!

Claire said...

What a pretty and romantic card Pauline..gorgeous colour scheme and I love the way you've been inspired by the sunrise!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card! I especially love your embossed and inked background - all soft and pretty ;)
Great snow-bear BTW... we have lots of snow still but hubby and I are staying in and huddling up, not going out and playing in it!
Rx

Anonymous said...

Stunning card! I especially love your embossed and inked background - all soft and pretty ;)
Great snow-bear BTW... we have lots of snow still but hubby and I are staying in and huddling up, not going out and playing in it!
Rx

crafty-stamper said...

love the background you have created and beautiful sentiment -thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown
Carol DT x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Your card is very beautiful, but that drunken snowman takes the cake! LOL