Friday, 11 November 2011

A Card for a few Challenges

Hi all, today i have a card for a few challenges.

I've made a Christmas card in non-traditional colours, and I have chosen this week's new colour story from The Play Date Cafe, which is a colour splash of Black, White and Orange.

Now, I won't lie to you, but... I HATE the colour orange! If you're a regular visitor to my blog, there won't be many cards made with this as my colour choice - I made a few at the beginning of autumn, I do love the colours this season brings, but orange is the one colour I don't have in my house, my wardrobe, or my life!

So, I did groan when I saw the colour palette, but after a bit of blog hopping and Pinteresting, I felt inspired!

So, here are my inspirations:

CAS-ual Fridays - Include a tag



Cupcake Inspirations



The Play Date Cafe - Colour Splash


And my take:


I have had this sweet little Hero Arts reindeer stamped for a couple of weeks, just waiting for me to colour him in. Whaen I stamped him I envisaged him with a warm brown furry coat, and cosy red jumper. But today I fancied him in orange lol!



I coloured him with my Staedtler Ergo Soft Colour Pencils in Black and orange, and cut him out and mounted onto a tag stamped with some text from Waltzingmouse Stamps.



I added some orange dewdrops, some orange sheer ruffle ribbon and an orange twine bow from The Ribbon Reel.



Topped off with a black button and the sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps Very Vintage Christmas. Given that I really don't like the colour orange, I LOVE this taggy card in this non -traditional colour scheme!


I am entering this fun little guy into the following challenges:

The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - Buttons and Bows

CAS-ual Fridays - Tag It

The Play Date Cafe - Colour splash

Hero Arts November Challenge - Christmas

Cupcake Inspirations

Papertake Weekly - Christmas

Thanks for stopping by,

Pauline

35 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Oh! Pauline, it's fabulous. You always come up with amazing designs. Love the cute reindeer and fab inked edges.

Donna x

Helen Berry said...

Pauline, I love your little reindeer tag card - such a cute stamp & coloured so beautifully - even the orange!LOL!!

Jo said...

I love your card even though it's orange... Don't give this one to me coz I hate orange too!!

Deborah Frings said...

You might hate orange, but you make a brilliant card with it!! Love the reindeer in his sweet jumper. Great work!

Patrice said...

What a unique Christmas card!

Laura Davis said...

Soooooo CUTE, I love the colors!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Colleen Dietrich said...

I have to agree with you...I love this little non-traditional CHristmas tag too! Even though orange is not your fave color, I'm glad you at least had a little bit of ribbon and twine to help do the challenge. So glad you played with us at THe Cafe, Pauline!

(and thanks for leaving some love at my blog recently, too. Hugs!)

Cathy Weber said...

Look at all those challenges with one sweet tag! I love your little orange reindeer, I laughed as I pictured you coloring something with a color you absolutely hate! You totally nailed the CAS design and I love the WM text background too.

Sara I. said...

Wow gf!! Amazing how gorgeous a Christmas card can be with those colors!! LOVE the CAS feel and the tag is done beautifully!!

cheryl said...

oh hun you may hate orange but gosh this is just brilliant just love the simplicity of this,just gorgeous hun love it hugs cherylxxx

Sarah said...

Pauline I'm so with you on the orange thing!! I only ever use it for Halloween. You have done a fantastic job with the cute little tag on your card. Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge. Sarah x

Vicky Hayes said...

I adore orange - and you've used it so beautifully here Pauline!

Jenny said...

Orange is not a fave of mine either....a bit bright and harsh although as you say, very welcome in the autumn foliage!
Love this sweet tag though...Rudie looks great with a orange woolly :)
Congrats on your top 3 at Waltzing Mouse too!
Jenny x

Vicky said...

So cute! Love the splashes of orange. :)x

Marlou McAlees said...

gorgeous!!! gorgeous!!! love these Pauline, are these the hero arts atamps that come with the matching dies?? ♥♥

Sasha said...

Fab tag card, Pauline! I love your cute reindeer with such a sweet expression. And orange is one of my favourite colours. I love citrus and autumn colours, so everything about your card attracts my attention:)

BTW...Congrat's on being a Top Mouse this week!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the design and that reindeer is too cute :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lana said...

Beautiful card Pauline! Love the cute reindeer! *The orange looks beautiful on you!:)
Congrats on your Top Mouse! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Pauline! That little reindeer is darling! Congrats on your win with the WMSC :)

Maria said...

Huh?! Hehehe...your favorite color is not orange? One wouldn't know it by this adorable reindeer tag on your card! Great pops of orange with ribbon, gems, and twine! And, congrats on your top mouse award! Take care, hugs!!:-))

Tina said...

how cute is this...i love the colors and details on this...congrats on your win with the wmsc....thanks for joining us at cupcake inspirations photo challenge this week

Tina
sweetie dt

Anonymous said...

What a super card Pauline - you rock the unusual colour palette with this one! That reindeer is just adorable ;)
And btw, big congrats on the WMS sketch chall win. I knew you'd totally be a contender with your gorgeous shaped card!! Rx

Katie said...

I agree with you about orange Pauline, I very rarely use it. This tag card is great, he is so cute and orange suits him really well!! Fab colouring too. Congrats on being a 'top mouse'

Katie
x

Ribbon Girl said...

Orange suits your little reindeer - really nice card! Thanks for joining in with the Papertake Weekly Challenge. Mary G x

Denise said...

Wow! I would have never thought about this colour combo for Christmas but you have made it work perfectly, Pauline! Love, love, love it!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Sue Lelli said...

Okay, I'm not a big fan of orange either but you made it look so GOOD! LOVE how you colored and cut out that CUTE reindeer! LOVE how you made a tag and had LOTS of white space! It made the orange look good!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

OH wow wow wow, you know this is really a big WOW, and I am loving it!!!

Gaby Bee said...

Your "Cupcake Inspirations" look sooo yummy! My mouth is watering:)

Dolly Daydreams said...

Wow this is fabulous ! Great design and love the great colouring on the reindeer !

Marie

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness Pauline...this is the absolute cutest ever!!!

Virginia L. said...

Your reindeer tag card is adorable! Love the twines and colors! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Ruby said...

Well you may not like orange, but you did a totally fantastic job with this little fella! Your colouring is out of this world!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Jinny Newlin said...

So, so, so glad you were inspired, Pauline! This is darling! I especially love that twine-laced button! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I absolutely LOVE how you used the orange! That little reindeer is so cute and the way you have sponged the edges of the tag and him is the perfect touch. So glad you popped in and played along at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

Karen Aicken said...

I LOVE the reindeer in his ORANGE sweater. Beautiful colouring. TFS
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com