Wednesday, 21 December 2011

WMSC 78

Hi all, today I have what will be my last make of this year! I have a couple of scheduled posts for later this week, for the Charisma Cardz Challenge on Thurday (don't miss it!) and for the new Ribbon Reel Challenge on Monday.

For today, I have my entry for this week's Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge, and it's pretty good one!



I have made a gift tag for a pillow box, and as I was playing with kraft yesterday, I continued with this theme.


The kraft box was already made, from Flutterby Crafts, my local craft shop.




I stamped two stars from WMS Season's of Love, in Cottage Ivy, then carefully went around the outlines with a quickie glue pen and some gold glamour dust.

I added the sentiment from Compliments of the Season, in Ladybug Red, and added some gems to the little stamped stars.



I then wrapped some red satin ribbon around the box, and some twine, added a satin and twine bow to the label and finally added a little christmas rose.


Supplies Used:

Stamps: Compliments of The Season, Seasons of love - Waltzingmouse Stamps

Inks: Ladybug Red, Cottage Ivy - Memento

Other: Spellbinders Star dies; Glue Pen; Glamour Dust; Red Satin Ribbon from stash; Twine and Christmas Rose - The Ribbon Reel; Pillow Box - Flutterby Crafts; Gems from stash.

I am entering this into the following challenges:

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge

The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop

Cupcake Inspirations

One Stop Craft Challenge

Thanks for stopping by,

Pauline

27 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

oh my, I adore this tag...luv how you made the stars.....I will have to try this...thanks so much for the inspiration...Merry Christmas!

enjoy *~*

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Pauline!

Thanks for your christmaswishes on my blog! Of course I also wish uou and your family a warm and wonderful christmas and an amazing and creative 2012!!
Your stars are gorgeous here! Love that you doubled it, that looks great! And the gold adds that extra holiday feeling! Love it!

Hugs, Wendy

Rene said...

This is just lovely! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations! Good luck and happy holidays!
Rene ;D

Tina said...

this is amazing...i love it...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations this week

Tina
sweetie dt

Marie said...

Beautiful, Pauline. Love the combination of red satin ribbon and white twine, it is very eye catching. What a great idea. Merry Christmas and a healthy and Happy New Year.

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely little gift box Pauline love your use of Kraft card

Anne

Marlou McAlees said...

fabulous!!! always love your creations :) xx

Sarah said...

Gorgeous creation as always Pauline. The red bow is perfect with the kraft card.

Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge. Sarah x

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I LOVE it!!! I hope the judges do too ;)

Sasha said...

Beautifully stamped and glittered tag, Pauline. I love that WM stamp and so wish I had bought it this year. Love how you trimmed your tag up with the lush red ribbon, sweet Christmas rose and twine.
Thank you for joining in with us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge:)

Cheryl said...

Oooh, this is a beauty! I love the texture and colors.

Kelly S. said...

What a fanastic way to layer that star! Looks so pretty in the traditional colors all edged in gold. LOVE the pillow box, such a fun gift package!

Jeanne J. said...

Pauline, This is so pretty I love the green with the gold accent and that pretty twine bow! Perfect topper for your gift box!

Cathy Weber said...

This is such a pretty tag, the twine with the sweet flower and all those sparkly stars are gorgeous.

Lana said...

Pauline, this is absolutely gorgeous! :)
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family! :)
xx

~Tammy~ said...

Oh do I love this! These are some of my favorite stamps! I need more time to play with them! :-) I love love your corrugated pillow box! Who wouldn't love to receive this special wrapping!

Merry Christmas!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful take on the challenge. I wonder what is in that box? I'll bet it's something great! I'm so glad you got my card. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

LOVE this! You don't have to put anything inside the box is a gift in itself. Wonderful take on the challenge sketch!

Julia Aston said...

Your layered star is SO pretty in the green and gold Pauline! Wishing you a Blessed Christmas!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

You make such lovely gift packaging!
Merry Christmas to you and all, wishing you a creative year ahead!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful project Pauline! Lovin' the double layered WM star and all the glittery goodness! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)
Season's Greetings!

Jean Martin said...

Pauline this is gorgeous! That's a fab idea layering the stars like that! So glad you could share this with us at WMSC! :)

Cathy McGrath said...

Just love the layering of the stars. I also love the touch of glitter. A truly amazing creation!

Renee said...

Pauline this is gorgeous!
Love that double star...
and I can't even get started on the ribbons!
Truly gorgeous!
Happy New Year! :)

KRISTINA said...

Amazing star!

Gerdine said...

This star gives a luxury feeling! Wonderfully done!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is amazing, Pauline! I love the layered star and that gold glitter is the perfect touch! Great job!