Morning all, today brings us another new colour challenge from CR84FN. This week we would like to see you use the colours of Coral, Brown and Tan. A lovely rich warm palette, that called for a rich combination of pretty papers and image. Well, for me it did!
A few weeks ago I went to the Newbury Artstamps exhibition, which is held at Newbury Racecourse.
This is my third time of attending (they only come once a year to this area) and it was a whistlestop visit, as I had to collect my son from a party in nearby Newbury.
As I whizzed through the stalls, I spied Clarity Stamps, a company that has a unique packaging on their stamps. The stamp is pre-set onto its own acrylic block, and is coloured blue so that you can see exactly where you are stamping. An ingenious product, but my problem is storage - they are rather unwieldy, but I digress!
I spotted this stunning image, not sure what she is called, as there is no outer packaging on these stamps, just the stamp and block. So, I have called her 'Lovely Lady'!
Upon further investigation, she is called 'La Plume'.
I really didn't feel as if I had done this beautiful image justice, but I did try! I used Promarkers to colour her, but my only quibble was at the end, what colour should I make the feather? I settled for a pale ivory and coral tone. I used a Craftwork Cards card base, and layered some very fitting paper from my stash - it's either MME or Cosmo Cricket, sorry I can't remember.
I layered some beautiful coral lace (a gift from my friend Helen) and over this some tan velvet ribbon from The Ribbon Reel. I mounted the image onto some coral Bazzill, and hand cut around the edges. I then mounted this onto some kraft Bazzill card, onto which I had stamped some flourishes from Uniko Studios Flourishes and Swirls set in Versamark for a little subtle background.
I then added a Spellbinders Persian Motifs & Accents border in kraft card, and added some clear gems which I coloured with a coral Promarker.
I recognised this image as being created by the Art Nouveau artist Alphonse Mucha, so after little research this is the original:
She really is gorgeous!
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly
I Love Promarkers
Do stop by the rest of the D.T for some wonderful inspiration!
Guest Designer - Monika Davies
Thanks for stopping by,
Pauline



24 comments:
Wow Pauline! This is Soo Beautiful! Love the Fab Art Nouveau image and you colored her up just Wonderfully too! Love the Wonderful dp's and Pretty lacy borders too! Really Fabulous my friend! 8-)
Hugs & Happy Sunday!
Shannon
Gorgeous card Pauline great image which you have coloured beautifully
Anne
Pauline - this is a work of art! I seem to remember having Mucha artwork on my wall as a teenager! I think the shape of the card, the lovely rich velvet and lace ribbon are perfect for the image. Your colouring, as always, is fabulous! Love it!
Oh WOW, WOW, WOWEE!! What an exquisite image Pauline - Art Noveau is one of my favourites!! You've done such a beautiful job of colouring her and your card looks absolutely amazing - I just love the papers and glad you found a use for the lace :) x x x x
amazing beautiful image...lovely card...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations
Tina
sweetie dt
Wow! So pretty and elegant Pauline. That image is awesome!
She is beautiful Pauline. I think she looks classy and elegant. Fabulous job. :)
Hugs~
Lovely shaped card, Pauline. Such an elegant image, beautifully coloured, and I love the coordinating papers and pretty embellishments x
Beautiful card Pauline! Love the fancy shape and beautifully colored image!
Oh my! What a fabulous card! She is one lovely lady! Love how you framed her with gorgeous border and trim...so so pretty! Great job, Pauline...love it!
What a wonderful image Pauline! love the papers you used and your beautiful coloring!
Oh, you coloured her so perfectly! This is beautiful!
What a BEAUTIFUL lady, Pauline and your coloring is Divine! Very unique and beautiful card!
Lovely card - gorgeous image - thanks for joining in with Papertake Weekly Girlie challenge, Mary G x
So absolutely beautiful Pauline!!! Stunning, really!!!
This is a fantastic card and post Pauline. I love this image and you've done it justice. It's gorgeous and love the border you paired it with. Pretty paper too! :)
Just perfect. I really love art nouveau and you have captured the colours from that era to perfection. Your colouring is beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at I ♥ ProMarkers, good luck and I hope we will see you again in the future,
Much Love,
Andy
xx
This is so stunning, Pauline! Your coloring is exquisite!
Stunning card, Pauline. Great image and marvelous dp on this great LO.
Gorgeous coloring and wonderful vintage image!!! Interesting stamp on acrylic block already and no title-but, it's a wonderful image!!
Pauline this is FABulous!! I love the colors, dp and the pretty punched edge to go with the Beautiful Nouveau image. YOu did a wonderful job on coloring her Pauline :)
Great card Pauline~ Love the image and the layers of trim on the shaped card. Perfect patterned paper too
Lovely--image, color selection and everything else.
Beautiful, delicate and realy nice card! I like this image of the lady because Alfons Mucha is one of my favourite painters:)
Post a Comment