Sunday, 4 November 2012

CR84FN #66 Wk 2



Good morning all, it's week two of our challenge at CR84FN, with these cool crisp colours! I have made a New Year Card - not everyone celebrates Christmas, but most cultures celebrate the passing of the old year and bringing in the new!

I have used a Serendipity Stamps sentiment May The New Year Bring You Joy, stamped onto kraft card in Brilliance silver ink and clear embossed, cut with Nestabilities Labels 14. I then layered this onto a cream Spellbinders die cut doily, and added some clear gems for some sparkle.


I then created the card base with some K&Co Christmas papers, embossed the top half in Swiss Dots and stitched to a kraft card panel. I then added some silver pleated satin ribbon and Ivory Pom Pom trim from The Ribbon Reel and some clear gems on a wavy roll. Finally I added a Light Mocha Beige Cherry Blossom and button twine bow from The Ribbon Reel. I then attached this to a naturals Ivory card base.

Do stop by the rest of the Design Team for some fab inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by,

Pauline


20 comments:

Shannon White said...

Wow!! What a Fabulous new Years Card Pauline!! Love it!! The texture, lacy die cut mat and fabulous Bling are soo Lovely!! Perfect for a New Years Celebration for sure! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Helen Berry said...

Amazing New Years card Pauline - really is a lovely idea. Love the wavy gems and all the gorgeous die cuts/layering. You finished it so beautifully with all the stitching and trims too. Just wonderful x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Pauline. I love the colours and the layout is so beautiful

Sue

Deborah Frings said...

Your New Year card is super. I think it's so elegant with the pretty doily and row of gems. Lovely!

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

Fabulous New Year's card Pauline. I love the bling and the ribbon treatment too.

Sasha said...

Love your choice of muted blues, Pauline. The papers, ribbon, wavy bling and your embossing look fab together. Perfectly stamped, as always:) x

Patrice said...

Love the blue and white for Christmas!

Unknown said...

Awesome use of trim on this card Pauline and your wavy bling is fantastic.

Lisa Elton said...

Lots of pretty layers and textures Pauline...pretty !

Unknown said...

so beautiful and elegant! i LOVE the various trims...and they work so well together! lovely design :)

Stamps and Paper said...

Such a lovely card Pauline beautiful colours and love your embellishments

Anne

Donna Mosley said...

WOW! Pauline, this is so amazing. Love all the details, the stitching and pleated paper look fab.

Donna x

Vickie Z said...

Love the silver embossing and bling!! Fabulous card....I need more New Years Stamps....well, I always need something stamping related, LOL!!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, beautiful card Pauline
luv
Debby

Stella said...

Gorgeous take on the colors; love the design!

~Tammy~ said...

So elegant and such a beautiful design!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a beautiful card Pauline! I love the embossed sentiment and all the jewls! That pom pom is oh so pretty!

Maria said...

So decorative and soft and pretty! Love the paper, trim, and flower! What a way to ring in the new year with this fab card...great job!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this mix of colours Pauline, and those borders look great together! Vicky x

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Pauline! Love the colors and all the beautiful details! Just fabulous! Hugs