Hi all, today brings another new challenge from the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog! This fortnight, we have a fun theme - Things are Not as They Should Be! So, use an image or die from Serendipity Stamps for a theme which is completely different to the stamp - i.e. a Christmas stamp/die for a birthday, or an Easter image for a New home - just let your imagination swing!
I have used the Bayleaf Wreath, a traditional Christmas image. I really wanted to jazz it up with some flowers for an Easter card, and some Easter themed papers.
I coloured the image with Promarkers, and added some paper flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts over the pine cone detail in the image - it worked a treat!
I added some stickles to the flowers and dotted about on the wreath, and added this to some lovely easter themed papers from Trimcraft Spring Drop stack - you can just see the cute bunny peeping out of his warren! I popped on a few pink pearls for some shine.
I added some pink and Ivory lace velvet trim from The Ribbon Reel, and layered onto a mat of Gumball Green card. I finally stamped the Easter greeting, also from Serendipity Stamps.
Do stop by the rest of the Design team for some more fab inspiration!
Thanks for stopping by,
Pauline



29 comments:
Gorgeous card Pauline, love the beautiful image and very pretty design.
Donna x
I love the stamp you used, Pauline...it has so much depth. Beautifully coloured, too. Your wreath looks fab with those pretty flowers. Gorgeous card! xx
Great idea Pauline! Love your spring wreath! Such a pretty card, love the lace and ribbon. Bet we could do this with a lot of Christmas wreaths.
What a great challenge Pauline - I love finding different ways to use my stamps! You've given your Christmas wreath a whole spring vibe with those fabulous flowers and that pretty backing paper. Vicky x
He's peeking out perfectly!! Such a beautiful wreath!
Oodles of spring prettiness Pauline! A beautiful wreath!
OMG, Pauline! LOVE LOVE LOVE the velvet ribbon and the flowers and the paper with the bunnies! FAB Easter card!
This is so beautiful Pauline. I love the image and the flowers you have added are so pretty. Gorgeous papers too.
Sue xx
Cute idea to use the Christmas wreath for an Easter wreath Pauline..love the addition of the little flowers and i LOVE that lacy velvet ribbon.
Pauline - so smart to use this wreath for spring - I love all the pretty flowers and pearls you added - all that fussy cutting was worth it - this looks amazing - and yep! that bitty bunny is adorable!
VERY pretty and a clever use of the wreath
Gorgeous card Pauline love how you have transformed your Christmas wreath into something spring like..
Anne
Hey, great idea to put paper flowers on the wreath - I love the effect!! And you know how I love to use holiday stuff in non-holiday ways... this is awesome!
Great idea to use the wreath for easter Pauline! Love your colors too.
Pauline - this is soooo pretty! :) Wonderful idea to add the flowers to the wreath - it looks so effective! :)
hugs
xxalisonxx
Pauline, this is a perfect way to take this Christmas image and transform it into a spring wreath! I love the flowers and would have never known there were pine cones there! Beautiful patterned paper pairing, too!
So very pretty Pauline! I love that gorgeous wreath and all the beautiful blossoms! The velvet trimming adds such an elegant touch!
what a lovely Easter wreath you created Pauline! Very creative!
Fab wreath, Pauline! So cleverly done.
So beautiful Pauline!! The pretty dps and ribbon really show off your gorgeous wreath perfectly!!
Love your pretty card Pauline - the wreath is a great idea for Easter and the touch of sparkle is perfect ;)
Rx
This is gorgeous! Love the sweet papers. You would never know that the wreath was originally for Christmas - love the pretty flowers and touch of sparkle! That ribbon is super too!
Such a pretty Easter card with lovely wreath, Pauline! The wreath looks very real...love it! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!
such a pretty easter card with lovely design.
greetings from ann
What a great way to use the wreath stamp. A breath of spring is in the air!
OMgoodness Pauline!! I Love this!! Soo Happy, Cheery and Pretty all at the same time!! Love your wreath and the petty roses too! Just Fabulous Lady! 8-)
Hugs
Shannon
That wreath is gorgeous!! Wonderful take on the challenge!! I say bring on the sunshine and your card makes me "want" for spring!!
Beautiful wreath Pauline, gorgeous card.
Oh wow!!!!! This is gorgeous! Love the velvet ribbon, the papers and of course your beautiful focal point...that gorgeous gorgeous wreath!
Post a Comment