Monday, 8 August 2011

The Ribbon Reel Challenge #8

* This is a scheduled post, so I hope it works! XX


Hi all, today brings us another bi-weekly challenge from The Ribbon Reel, and we have got some gorgeous inspiration for you this week!

This challenge has been picked by Clare Buswell, from Clare's Creations and Gallery Idol fame!!
Below is the beautiful picture Clare has chosen for us this week:




And here is my take:



I have stamped in Versamagic Sea Breeze the beautiful crochet lace mat by Hero Arts, and hand cut out to layer over some gorgeous yellow twill and green loop trim from The Ribbon Reel shop.

The corners are from Waltzingmouse Stamps, stamped in Versamagic Turquoise Gem, and the sentiment is also from WMS, stamped in Versafine Smokey Grey.



I took my inspiration for the focal point directly from the picture, and used the smaller open rose from WMS Roses in Bloom, coloured with my watercolour pencils, as are the two leaves.

I stamped and coloured the rose 3 times for some dimension, it's a great image for decoupage.




A little close up of the sparkle I added with some Crystal Ice and Gold Stickles to the flower and leaves.


Finally added some gold pearls to the corners and a green pearl to the flower centre.

Do stop by the rest of the DT over at The Ribbon Reel, they have some gorgeous inspiration waiting for you!

TRR DESIGN TEAM



Thanks for stopping by,

Pauline xx

17 comments:

Maria said...

Fabulous use of color! The flower is so pretty with great coloring! Beautiful corners! It's a delicate beauty, Pauline...LOVE IT!!! Take care!:-))

Davi said...

Wow Pauline this is a Beautiful card!! I love the colors and the layers of the flower and leaves make wonderful dimension!! The glitz is a great embellie :)

Davi said...

Pauline when you have time can you email me at dustydavi@yahoo.com. thanks davi

Stella said...

Pauline this beautiful. I love your take on the photo inspiration and that flower is GORGEOUS! I love the touch of glitter and the different shades of yellow are perfect. That HA Lace stamp is a beautiful background!
XX

G Peplow said...

WOW gorgeous card Pauline, love the way you used the colours, Gay xxx

Lana said...

Beautiful card Pauline! Love the colors and how you colored the images - they are gorgeous! :)

I get my Roses In Bloom, they waiting for me when I grow up, lol!

Deborah Frings said...

This is just so beautiful. I love the fresh, feel and your interpretation of the inspiration photo is fab!

Sasha said...

Such a beautiful card, Pauline. You have captured the colours perfectly and as usual your stamping, (lots of it), is just perfect! xx

Oscar said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, I love how you've made the flower your focal point. Super colouring, as always. I really must get that stamp set! x

cheryl said...

oh this is one gorgeous card just love love that flower hugs cherylxx

Colleen Dietrich said...

So pretty, Pauline! A lovely interpretation of the challenge photo. It reminds me of the soft roses adorn your blog page!

http://ilove2cutpaper.blogspot.com/ said...

Love the colour combo and image on this card.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh pretty things, those colors are just so refreshing, what a treat on a Monday morning! : )

Linby said...

stunning card, love it.
Linbyx

Sue Lelli said...

Oh my, Pauline! This is a STUNNER! LOVE how the colors just POP off the page! LOVE LOVE LOVE youtr gorgeous flower and the glitter outline! FAB card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous card, love the colour combo and how you have used it.

Ruby said...

Ooh this is beautiful Pauline, love the colours and the way you've done the elegant photo frame borders, so pretty!