Monday, 22 August 2011

The Ribbon Reel Challenge #9

Morning all, today brings us another bi-weekly challenge from The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog.

This week, it's my turn to choose a theme for our challenge, and I have gone with a colour challenge inspired by the photo below of plum, silver/grey with a touch of green.




For my card I have stitched a grey card panel stamped with a knitted pattern in Versamark and distressed with Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks, onto a purple card base.



Then using a variety of background stamps onto some white and green card, stamped some backgrounds and punched 9 squares using a 2" square punch. The text stamp I used on the green card was embossed in silver powder. I then distressed all the squares with ink and scissors, then stitched around all the edges with grey thread.


Using a star stamp from Waltzingmouse Stamps, clear embossed onto some matt silver card from Papermania, and cut using Nestabilities Stars. Distressed all the edges with scissors and some green chalk ink.


Added a distressed disc of purple pearlescent bazzill, embossed in black powder with a sentiment from Waltzingmouse Stamps, and added some green gems to the sentiment disc and to the green stamped panel in the bottom right corner.


Finally added some purple and grey seam binding bows and some plum bakers twine couple with a purple rose, all from The Ribbon Reel Shop.

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps :- Seasons of Love, Offbeat Backgrounds,Text-it,
Pic-nic Patterns, Faux Fun, Peace and Plenty

Inks: Versamark Watermark, Memento Grape Jelly, Inspirations Pigment Ink Pad Purple, Distress Ink Dusty Concorde, Peeled Paint, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Versamagic Chalk Ink Sage.

Ribbons: Seam Binding, Baker's Twine, Green Twine, Purple paper Rose :- The Ribbon Reel

Spellbinders: S4-092 Stars Five Spellbinders Nestabilities Set 5 Dies



For more information on our challenge rules please visit The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog.

And check out my fellow team mates wonderful inspiration for this challenge:

TRR DESIGN TEAM



I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Crazy 4 Challenges - Bingo, Square Card, Die cuts and 2 or more Patterned papers.

Cupcake Inspiration

One Stop Craft Challenge

Ruby's Rainbow

DYSU Challenge


Thanks for stopping by today,

Pauline xx





29 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Pauline! Love the various patches and that WM star looks fabulous!

Maria said...

What a sweet card, Pauline! Love all the different colored squares sewed perfectly! Beautiful star and ribbon treatment too...take care!:-))

Deborah Frings said...

Pauline - what a fabulous layout - a great way to show off so many lovely stamps. Love the WM star and triple layer bow! Lovely!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous beautiful card Pauline.
luv
Debby

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card with great stitching, thanks for joining us at RRC this time hope we shall see you again, good luck xx

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, wauw, Pauline! This card is truly gorgeous!!! I love the colors that you used and all the stitching on the squares, absolutely lovely! The gorgeous star with it,oeh, perfection!!! You should definitely win!!
Hugs & happy day to you!
Wendy

scrapperjulia said...

This is fabulous! Love the fabric and the stitching! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

WencheP said...

I love it! This is so cool! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Davi said...

Gorgeous card Pauline...I love the little popped up squares with the beautiful star and flowers :)

Basslady said...

my goodness!

this is a fabulous card!

love the inchies and the wonderful dp's on it!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Marlou McAlees said...

love this card Pauline:) and the wonderful patchwork look to it :) xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful card Pauline, love those inchies, they are cute, and love your DP choice!

Sasha said...

Hi Pauline,

Your card is gorgeous! Beautiful colour choice photo! Lots of fab stamping! I love your stitched squares and the center of your star reminds me of embroidered aida. Such a lush bow and pretty flower, too xx

PS... It's good to see you back. Hope you had a lovely week!

Oscar said...

Beautiful card, this has to be one of my favourites. I love the stitched squares and that gorgeous star. x

*Alison* said...

I love everything about this card.. the stitching the squares, the ribbon everything.. Thanks so much for joining in our THANK YOU challenge at DYSU this week.. can't wait to see what you make next week..
HUGS
Alison-DYSU owner

Karen B. said...

Oh my, is this ever a wonder of a card. Love the shabby chicness of it, the colors, the layout, the ribbon, everything!

Denise said...

Fantastic card - love the whole thing.
Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU xx

Ann said...

Isn't that tulip beautiful! Lovely card too - really love the stitched patchwork pieces. A very pretty technique.

Stella said...

It must have been a lot of work and it really shows off. This is FABULOUS! I love that WM star and the contrast with the sentiment on top of it is amazing. And lovely to look at. Love the squares too. In fact; love it all :)
XX

Emily Leiphart said...

Oohh, this is stunning, Pauline! Such beautiful use of the colours. Oh, and there's Edward Cullen! ;)

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous... I love it! Thanks for joining us for the Do You Stack Up Challenge Blog Thank You Challenge! Please join us again for the next challenge!

~Heather
Kurly-Q

Tenny Kusuma said...

I Love your card so much...It's so pretty and colorful. Thank you for playing along with DYSU Challenge Blog.

Anonymous said...

I love this, very nice card.

Thanks for joining us at RRC.

Huggies Angel

Zulma said...

Beautiful card! nice color, embellish and sketch. TFS with us at Cupcake Inspirations.
Zulma DT

Kathleen said...

lovely card. i love the tile style of cards!
might have to borrow this idea if that's ok with you!
kathleen mc x

purple_pea_fran said...

Love your card Pauline, especially the star! Such a fab idea with those little stamped squares too. Fran x

Erika said...

Just been for a wander around your blog....did you hear me, LOL. Great photos but I love this card. Great colour combination and love all the different square, stunning.
Happy crafting,
Erika.

Samantha Ball - aka (Craftychick74) said...

Beautiful card!

Thank-you for playing at Cupcake Inspirations this week.

Happy Crafting
Sam xx

www.craftychickcards.blogspot.com

JJ Bolton said...

Pauline, all of your cards are beautiful! That star is a show stopper! And I love the way you did your bow. Stunning! I just got some seam binding and I haven't been brave enough to use it yet:)