Wednesday, 7 August 2013

SSCB #17 - Use a Butterfly



Hi all, it's time for a freah challenge over at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog! For the next fortnight, we would like to see some Butterflies on your creation! Who doesn't like a butterfly??

For my card today, I used a piece of scrap from a previous project a couple of months ago. I had the butterfly outline cut out of some teal card, and I loved the negative space, perfect for use of another scrap I had laying around!

I used the Butterfly Outline Die for my negative space, and backed this space with some beautiful Kaisercraft paper left over from a previous project.

Using the outline left two little holes either side, so I threaded some Aqua baker's twine through them, and tied a bow.

I added a little bit of decor to the edges, and stamped the Happy Birthday Sentiment also from Serendipity Stamps shop.

Hope to see you at SSCB with your fluttery crrations!

Thanks for stopping by,

Pauline



21 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Great idea using that negative Pauline!! I really like your sweet floral butterfly. This is the sweetest card!!

Mary Ann said...

Very Pretty Card!!!Love your colors,Awesome butterfly!!!

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, love the pretty design.

Donna x

Jeanne J. said...

Pauline - I adore this one! It looks like it was crafted entirely of fabric - the floral print butterfly with your hand drawn stitches - something about it just makes me feel home. I wish I could explain it better!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty, Pauline! The colors are so fresh and summery and I love all the doodling around the edges.

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful Pauline!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Pauline. I love the design. beautiful colours and the way you have added the twine looks fabulous.
Sue xx

Marybeth said...

This is so pretty Pauline! I love the bit of decoration you added to all the edges. Love the pattern inside the butterfly.

Marybeth said...

This is so pretty Pauline! I love the bit of decoration you added to all the edges. Love the pattern inside the butterfly.

Sasha said...

Love your cut out floral butterfly, Pauline. The paper is so pretty! Love the fonts on your sentiment, too x

Deborah Frings said...

So pretty! I love the way you've used the negative space to show off the lovely paper. And the twine bow is fab!

Lynn Mercurio said...

A beautiful birthday card with your lovely die cut opening with your gorgeous butterfly. Love the way you wrapped your twine around the butterfly...great job on this happy card!

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

Very nice Pauline! I love your butterfly and your use of the twine.

Maria said...

Fab way of using the negative! It makes for a very lovely butterfly with twine!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the outline! LOVE the bow! LOVE the floral paper! Such a PRETTY card, Pauline!

Marlou McAlees said...

gorgeous card Pauline :) ♥

Jill Norwood said...

This is so sweet! I love the pattern paper you filled the diecut butterfly with! Lovely, lovely card! :)

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Beautiful card Pauline. I love how you created this butterfly. Very nice. I found you on Pinterest.

I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog also.

Please join me for a chance to win FREE candy on my blog. Have a wonderful week! Hope to see you again next week. Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

~Tammy~ said...

This is so so pretty Paulina! Love it!

Unknown said...

Your butterfly is lovely. Clever use of the twine :)


Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Vicky Hayes said...

Love the way that pretty floral paper shows through the negative die cut Pauline and the twine is a clever touch. Vicky x