Sunday, 29 May 2011

The Ribbon Reel Challenge #3

Hi all, well two weeks have flown by, and it's that time again for a new challenge from The Ribbon Reel Challenge.

This week for our challenge we have a wonderful sketch set by Clare Buswell at Clare's Creations.

I have kept it simple, sticking to the clean lines of the sketch, and using my favourite Waltzingmouse Stamps. So here's our sketch set by Clare:

And here's my take:


I was inspired by the beautiful ribbon pack sent to us by Keilly (owner of the Ribbon Reel shop and challenge) and also by a recent perfume purchase - Daisy by Marc Jacobs. I love the packaging of this perfume, clean and simple, elegant and grown up and simply gorgeous! So armed with the gorgeous champagne coloured ribbons and lace, I chose to make a card in black gold and cream, with lots of embossing a la Daisy!

I have stamped the beautiful border from Victorian Frippery several times in Versamark and embossed in gold and black embossing powder. Then hand trimmed and layered all together. It actually began with 4 strips of the border, but it was too big, so I had to cut it down a bit to get it onto a card!


Then on top of the borders I layered some gorgeous Stripy Twill and beautiful Guipure Lace from The Ribbon Reel.


I then stamped and gold embossed the large doily from Dainty Doilies Large and hand trimmed - I need to get some large scallop nesties lol!

Then layered this onto some black card and gold glittered scallopped card both cut with nesties.



Stamped and gold embossed the greeting from Fancy Phrases and again cut with nesties.

Finally mounted onto a piece of the glittery gold cardstock, and wrapped some Silky Wired Crush in champagne and tied a big bow.



Finished off the inside with some cream cardstock stamped with the corner doily image from Dainty Doilies Large, and the same sentiment.

To join the fun at The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog see HERE for full challenge details and to see the gorgeous prize up for grabs!

And if you need any further inspiration, here are my fellow design team ladies, they have some gorgeous creations for Clare's sketch!

Keilly Mulvihill - Keilly's Little Blog (Owner of The Ribbon Reel)

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - Simple Treasures

Clare Buswell - Clare's Creations

Pauline Pollington - - Craft Obsession (that's me!)

Zuzana Obert - Jelly Welly

I loved seeing all your creations last week for our Shabby Strawberries and Cream, and can't wait to see your take on our wonderful sketch. Don't forget our challenge is two-weekly, so plenty of time to get your creative thinking hats on!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:







Thanks for stopping by,

Pauline xx

13 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

STUNNING card Pauline! Love how you embossed the WM doily and that stamped lace trim is gorgeous!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely and Elegant all in one!!!!

Lana said...

Love the embossed images, looks so rich and elegant at the same time! :)

fatmonica said...

Beautiful card!

Marlou McAlees said...

Beautiful!!!! Love this card Pauline and it's so elegant too :) xx

Maria said...

Wow!!! What a stunning beauty! All that embossing is just gorgeous! Gorgeous paper and fabulous bow! I could hardly take my eyes off of it...LOVE IT!!!

Oscar said...

Such an elegant card, the colours look fab. x

kelly said...

love the embossing! it's so intricate, stunning card!
Kelly xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW this is absolutely gorgeous, so rich really beautiful

Monique said...

Wow Pauline this is Beautiful... wonderful work!!

Sasha said...

Beautiful card, Pauline. Your embossed doily is fab. I love your pretty bow and stamping xx

Deborah Frings said...

Pauline - a stunning inspiration card - love the colours - so luxurious and rich! Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Lovely lovely! Super embossing and great colors! :)